Waybop or Knot

I’ve been working on a “secret” project …putting together files and samples to teach Celtic Knot Drafting on March 11. So this week’s Diva Challenge (#304) was right up my alley, as it involves the new tangle from Zentangle® headquarters called Waybop. I’ve used this a few times already, and really like the interwoven quality of the tangle. I decided to carry on with the February heart theme and play with this. I am dipping into the pile I have of pre-dyed/colored tiles. This one was watercolor sprayed with alcohol while it was still wet. The accent tangle is a deconstructed minimalist Cyme.

diva-304

And as far as the “secret”…here is a preview –  On another one of my pile of colored tiles.

green-zendala-knot

Class is on Saturday, March 11. Space is limited, and it is already filling up, so reserve your spot soon!

I’ve been on a bit of a roll this week, keeping up with both my watercolor class (that ends on March 7th) and my online journaling group (goes all year.) Here is a Zendala I did recently, using one of Jenny Perruzzi’s Zencils for collaging on one of my journal pages.

img_4400

And…I finally finished this bracelet I started about 3 years ago.  I’m shocked that the cats didn’t knock it over and spill the beads in that time frame.

5-wrap-toho-bracelet

But, alas, I need to get on with my callligraphy practice, and work on the handouts for the Celtic Knots class (yes, there will be handouts!)

Heading out to Palm Springs and Phoenix this weekend. Sammy Hagar at Morongo, visit Mom, and see the Giants play the Reds in a Spring Training game. It’s a rather quick trip, so we won’t be in Arizona long.

Make Stuff…You Will Feel Better!

About CharkatTangles

Charlotte has been making "stuff" for a very long time. She started drawing and sewing at a very young age, and after the Navy trained her as a micro-miniatre repair tech (circuit board repair, soldering) she fell in love with playing with metal. And...being ADD, she keeps finding other cool things. In 2013, she found Zentangle® and changed her stars. Her world is everything Zentangle® now, and she is a Certified Zentangle® Teacher.
This entry was posted in Art Classes, Baseball, Calligraphy, Online Store, Rock and Roll, Travel, Uncategorized, Zentangle and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Waybop or Knot

1. Pingback: Waybop or Knot | CharKat's Creative Insanity

2. Pat S says:

Hi!
    I want to come & do some light shopping in the coming week or so. 30 min drive. Let me know hours you expect shop to be open.
    Thanks.

Liked by 1 person

• Hi Pat! I will be in the shop on Wednesday from 10 until 5 or so. I will be gone until next week, but the Shop Minion will be in on Friday and Monday from 9-4 (regular hours are M-W-F from 9-4.)

3. Gorgeous tiles, I love your interpretation of the Waybop and I like your beautiful bracelet too!

Liked by 1 person

4. Hey CharKat…how’s it? Really? Waybop or Knot? Very cute. I like it. Your tile work is very nicely done. Colors and designs are very nice.

Duane, retired Navy (Crypto/Intelligence branch).

Liked by 1 person

5. Annette P. says:

All are wonderful! Especially I like your Way Bob tile … lovely choice of tangles! I like your bracelet, too!

Liked by 1 person

6. Beautiful Waybop! Love the Knot, and what a fun bracelet! Have a great time on your trip!

Liked by 1 person

7. Pat Mathes says:

All of these are great tiles Char.

Liked by 1 person

8. michele says:

Another gorgeous collection of work! I love your Waybop and that green celtic knot is truly outstanding;-) Happy trails and safe travels.

Liked by 1 person

9. Melena says:

Great Waybop tile with its minimalist Cyme. Great idea to use your pre-dyed/colored tiles. I;m going to have to try that out. Your green celtic knot is so rich. Love it. Not only that but your bracelet is great. You are so creative. Have fun in the Southwest. I don’t know if it’s raining so much where you are – probably you are because it is all over California – but you will at least be getting into some different weather for a change. I’m in Sonoma County and so far we haven’t been hit really bad like some other places. Take care out there and enjoy!

Liked by 1 person

10. Annemarie says:

I like the Waybop tile and love the bracelet!

Liked by 1 person

11. Gudrun S. says:

Very nice Waybop 🙂

Liked by 1 person

12. Jean Chaney says:

So many pretties to look at! Love that Waybop and the lovely green piece. Gorgeous bracelet too.

13. Heike says:

I love your purple Waybop, it’s such a beautiful composition.

14. Deanne B says:

Char! Such a perfect Waybp! Beautiful colours and design! But… I absolutely LOVE your Celtic Knot tile. If I lived closer I would take your Class!