Quill You Be My Valentine?

Wow! What a week! And other than Flyboy getting called into work this morning, it is shaping up to be another epic week.

Being a Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT) makes you part of a really diverse, really cool family, with one common goal. No matter where you are from or what you do, you instantly have community from that one thing. I had the great fortune to meet up with one of my fellow CZTs this week, turning a FaceBook friend into a real-life encounter. Flyboy and I went down to San Diego to have dinner with Suzanne Fluhr and Mr. Excitement himself! And of course, gelato happened.

img_4368

We started another calligraphy class this week, but I had to do one more Boxed letter for Valentine’s Day!

boxed-v

On Saturday, we started off the day with a lovely Valentine inspired class applying quilling to Zentangle. We explored the basics of quilling, shapes, and building structures. I am pretty certain everyone had fun. There was a lot of laughter going on. And I think some great creativity. I can’t wait to see what they tangle them into!

img_4369

Of course, I had to finish one of mine quickly for this week’s Diva Challenge (#303). I’m not saying who gets it…but I am pretty sure you can guess.

img_4386

A few students stayed on for a 2nd class on Black Tiles, so I made that a little Valentine as well. So many cool applications on Black Tiles, and everyone is quite unique!

img_4370

On Sunday, I took a book making/color pencil on velum class from Helen Schafer Garcia at the San Diego Botanic Garden. While I did get mine fully assembled, I will have to finish my drawings later.

The gardens are beautiful this time of year, with as much rain as we have had, there was no shortage of fun things to draw. I am particularly fond of succulents, for their mandala-like qualities.

Whew! Busy week! Fun Week.

And off to finish that other journal cover for tomorrow’s class.

About CharkatTangles

Charlotte has been making "stuff" for a very long time. She started drawing and sewing at a very young age, and after the Navy trained her as a micro-miniatre repair tech (circuit board repair, soldering) she fell in love with playing with metal. And...being ADD, she keeps finding other cool things. In 2013, she found Zentangle® and changed her stars. Her world is everything Zentangle® now, and she is a Certified Zentangle® Teacher.
This entry was posted in Art Classes, Books, Journals & Scrapbooks, Uncategorized, Zentangle and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Quill You Be My Valentine?

1. Holly {ha! designs} says:

How fun to have met up with Suzanne! You’ve had another busy and productive week. Your boxed “V” is spectacular and the quilling class looks like great fun. I’m sure “whomever” gets that lovely Valentangle will surely ADORE it! Very beautiful!

I am also a succulent fan… What a gorgeous place to take a class!

Thanks so much for stopping by my submission this week and for leaving such a kind comment. You made my day!

Liked by 1 person

2. You know I’m a big fan of these little boxed letters and also this V is wonderful.
    The results of your students are great, and so is your special Valentine’s card!!!

Liked by 1 person

3. Sue Sharp CZT12 says:

A very fulfilling week, I see – gotta love what Zentangle gives us! I ‘specially love your quilled Valentangle! So unique and pretty and I love the way the colours stand out on the black!

Liked by 1 person

4. How fun for you to meet up with Suzanne and Mr. Excitement! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Your quilled valentangles are so fun! Lovely tiles from your Black tiles class to and I adore the Boxed V!

Liked by 1 person

5. Deanne B says:

How wonderful it must have been to visit with Suzanne! Wow! Quilting looks like so much Work! I love the black tiles from class. The boxed letter V is amazing!

Liked by 1 person

6. Jean Chaney says:

How lucky that you got to meet Suzanne. Your Valentine’s card is beautiful and will certainly be loved. I love quilling, so all of these were fun to see, and your “V” is wonderful!

Liked by 1 person

7. Heike says:

The combination of quilling/Zentangle on your tile looks great, thank you for sharing the inspiration.

Liked by 1 person

8. Annemarie says:

All so beautiful but especially the card!

Liked by 1 person

9. Annette P. says:

Wonderful and very inspiring post!

Liked by 1 person

10. I enjoy seeing how you combination quilling with Zentangle. The results are always eye catching. Love your gallery of succulents. I have a goodly collection on my front verandah.

Liked by 1 person

11. Leslie Burge says:

All of your work is beautiful and looks like the class had a great time too. I found it interesting that you chose to use quilling because in our tangle meetup on Sunday, we were discussing quilling there too. I may have to go back and do some again….now where did I put the supplies for that one *giggle* Anyway, love your Valentangle and I LOVE the succulents. About the only thing that I can actually grow are philodendrom (sp?) but I’ve been known to kill a few of those too.

Liked by 1 person